Monday, July 28, 2008

Individual


Just like what the title said, individual. We are all individual. Each of us is formed from all kind of different culture and genes from the surrounding around us. 


I used to wonder, are we really who we really are? I mean, a lot of us, our values, our perspective, our needs, our wants, our desires, our likings, our hates, our speaking style and the list goes on, is really influence from those around us. Our parents' genes, our social upbringing, friends around us, media, religion, all these influence us, so, are we still we? What I have in value might be the same to those who are in the similar or same culture as I do, so is this still me? As an unique individual? We are all similar to each others in a way too. I wonder... and wonder... and wonder... 

We often compare ourselves to people around us; We often want to be those whom we think is cool, is smart, is talented, is lovable! Yet, we are telling others we are unique individual being? When someone being close to us, when we are related to people around us, when we became friends, family, enemy, we tend to get disturbed and annoyed by these people. Yet, we are telling others we are unique individual being? 

How contradicting we human are... 

Things happen to me, and made me think, harder than before, why my existence is important when I am a tiny puny useless rubbish that only would makes things worse? Live for Lord my God? To fulfill my purpose in this life for His sake? What can I do? Again, I used to compare myself, what I learn during this Uni life is, "why compare?" I am an eye from this Body. I might be a "rubbish eating fish" that most people don't like but I am here for a reason. So, for whatever reason that I am suffering from these emotional struggle, for I am not alone. God is there for me. At least that is what made me stand strong and not fail. 

Back to the question I asked above, I finally found an answer. Yes, all of us might be the same because the environment around us shape who we are now, but we are still the very unique individual, why? It is because no matter how many similar "values" we all have, we are all MADE up from DIFFERENT kind of COMBINATION! 

In A culture, we might have value A, B, C and D
However, Jina might have combination of ACD values.
Hina might have combination of CD values
and Gina might have ABCD values
They might share same values but the overall personality is different! 

Mika is right, "why cares how people thinks of you?" As long as we are sincere, we don't be a stumble block of others, why bother being someone else just because you think he can fly but you can't cause you are a "Rubbish Eating FISH" !!!

(Fish idea contributed from someone in my life ^^)

No comments: