Saturday, June 21, 2008

Confident

A quick one.

Watched "Coach Carter" at church just now during youth fellowship, I would say it was a great movie! Something similar to "remembering the Titans" movie we saw in our psychology PSY104 class.

Actually, the main value that given me impact is the difference between confident and over confident.

A lot of us nowadays struggle between these two. "I do not want to be confident because I scared I will be too/overconfident!"

This is what I learn from "Coach Carter"
Confident

  • Know our limit but will always do our best
  • Know that we can do it and will always do our best
  • Will always be careful on what we are doing and do our best
  • Strong self monitoring skill and do our best
  • Do our best
  • Even though we fail, we know we do our best and will not be SHAME on the result
This is what I call confident

Overconfident
  • Do not know our limit
  • Know we can do it
  • Overestimate our ability and ignored the basic precaution steps we should be taking
  • Did not do our best.
  • Forgot ourselves
  • When we failed, we take it as a discrimination
This is what I call overconfident!

Have a nice day!

No comments: