Monday, August 25, 2008

Famine

HOHO~ Yeap, I went to 30 hours famine this year. However this time is a bit different, I am going alone and be a group leader!


 
Group Leader meeting before event start

Everything was just fine before the meeting. When everyone(group leader) was getting their group members, I sit there alone without any members!! LOL In the end, I ended up being a groupless group leader! 


Me and my group 28 placard


The groups beside me...

Open ceremony almost start and my box have been invaded by other group 

Though I have no group, the group beside me invited me to join their group (group 26)~ Then Mia legally put in group 25. Finally I am adopted in a "family"! Supposedly it is something to be happy but imagine you are adopted and the family member neglect you~ Sobs... Thats why am sit back at my own group box and looking at both group 25 and 26. They are near my box, thats why. I guess this is more or less the feeling of those who didn't have family or being adopted but being rejected or neglected by other family member. 

Last year famine also kinda have the similar feeling but this time could really experience the impact and to actually reflect on the emotion of mine is kind of good for me though~ Hehe

This time famine is a bit special because we have to take our shoe and socks off too! Well, shoe less for 6 hours is not fun at all!!! 


Sobs~ shoeless 6 hours~~ 


me without my shoe~ heh

Then we proceed to famine challenge One which is a budgeting game. Will not go into the game in detail la~ will be boring hehe! 

Group discussion with group 25 (Photo by Aaron)


The nearer group is my legal "family" while the group behind is my informal "family/neighbor" haha! Have to admit, both are really a good leader! Salute!



Group 26 in second famine challege


Group 25 in famine challenge 2

After challenge 2, its another break and concert time! This time is not as "high" as last year la, but kind of enjoyed it~  

The next morning we went to Bukit Jalil hockey stadium. 




Giving HOPE the children! (btw, its raining)


This year break fast! COCO crunch! (I prefer last year~~)


Mia and I, nothing to do so take photo~ 

Then we BREAK FAST!! hahah! Right after that we go back to HELP and back to home we go!! 
WE"VE MADE IT!! hahaa Its not that hard by the way~ hehehe just emotional stuff la. Its better if you have comrades haha

Going home~~

Finally can go home!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww gor...ur pic with num28 looks so..lonely~~~~ next yr i'll teman u~ sry couldnt make it! i'll make sure no rehearsal on tat day~ wahahahaha n no pms~ wahahaha

Anonymous said...

LOL~~ thx thx~ But hor, how will you control your pms ler? controllable ka? hehehhe~~

Gor

Mia Lim said...

ah....
Mia here....
saw my pic there, send me send me...
haha...

but then,
u make me so guilty la, coz i didnt get to assign u a group...(feel bad)
but also nice mah, u get to ride the same bus with me, get to chat a lot as well...
anyway, really thank you for helping up....
being a groupless group leader, it is also very important mah, coz without u, i sure very 'sien' one on the bus la...o(∩_∩)o

Anonymous said...

LOL~!! dun feel guilty~~ Its a new experience for me! hahaha~~ okok~ will send it to you when i see you online! hohho~ yeaa~ think of it, we didn't really chat like that before right? hehehhe

Gorgan

Autumn said...

even though i did not participate, i have this feeling last year's famime was better