Sunday, November 16, 2008

Style

Draciel Gravity - BeyBlade that utilize defensive strategy

We all have our own unique style in doing things. Some prefer the tough way, some prefer the soft way and some just let it be. All these emo-ness made me think of this question, what is my style? 

Once I heard this story when I was in primary school. It is about this human (sry la, I forgot his/her gender~~~) he/she somehow doesn't satisfy with his/her walking style. So one day, this human went to a park and sit down there, observe how other people walk and he/she tried to follow them. Guess what, in the end of the day, not that he/she learnt a walking style that he/she like, he/she even lost/forgot how and what style he/she used to have!!! He/she have to crawl back in the end... Sad eh... 

Similarly, we all have style, my style, I often called it the defensive style instead of offensive. Since young I am well exposed to all kinds of cartoons and children show like, Power Ranger, Beyblade, tamiya, Ultraman, Pokemon, Digimon etc etc; by watching these cartoons, I sorta kinda link them in what and how I response to people, and yes, I am the defensive kind. I rather use my turtle shell to protect myself and wait for the right time to strike than using direct attack with claws and tooth... This is how I bring myself in the public and dealing with my problem as well as others. 

However, lately I try to be someone else. I am tired of waiting for the right time to give a fatal blow, I am tired of not doing anything and only waits, I want to "attack" too, I want to have damaging power too, in every aspect, dealing with my problem as well as dealing with others. Thus, it kinda made me involve in social comparison theory; worst of all, I engaged in upward social comparison *nod slowly* Yes... and heck, there is where all the depression and emo-ness came in~~~ I wanted to be someone else so badly, I forgot that I used to be so proud of my own style, I forgot how many problems I solved when I am using my style, I forgot how people used to said I am good at the certain style, I forgot to be... Myself!!! Boon Han! Not Gorgan~ 

No doubt, we have to use different styles in dealing with different situation, but direct offense is not something I am comfortable with, and it is not something I could do easily. Now, it is time to switch back to my own style, use it wisely with the help of offensive style~! 

So, what is your style?? 

No comments: