Sunday, November 09, 2008

Chessboard



Someone came into my life and asked me question that I never thought of before, "if you were too choose a piece of chess unit, which of them represent you mist accurately?" Hmm... Interesting, I bet everyone will start to analyze what role each pieces plays in chess. To me, every pieces in chess play a certain role, and have its own unique way of protecting something of preventing something that qualify it to be a member of chess. 

I chose Bishop. 

Not surprise eh? People who knew me might think that I chose Bishop is because its my religion, well, I am not sure about this bit because when I am making decision I seriously totally didn't take this into consideration. Maybe unconsciously I am but God knows~ Why I chose Bishop then? Frankly, I think Bishop is the most worthless piece on chess. Even the "pawn" plays some role in deceiving and protecting others. Bishop? It have its limits.

Bishop can never move in a straight line! That is it limitation, unlike other pieces, even the "horse" could move straight, well, not really straight la but it is still either left/right or front/back! Being a Bishop, you can either be in Black boxes or White boxes; I mean, if you are a bishop that placed in a white boxes, you never will be able to go to the black boxes no matter how many steps you move, no? No matter how you like to experience something that seems fun, you never will experience it no matter how many time you try to experience it. Bishop to me, normally are the ones who will be sacrificed or looked down by the Players and yea, it made it quite a useless piece. So, why is it similar to me? Those are the reasons... 

Then this Person told me, "I see..." Did you know that Bishops are always the one who stand beside the "King" and "Queen", protecting them? Yes, they might be sacrificed by the player but often it is because to protect those two, the most "powerful" pieces in the chess board! "Hmm... " my response. Person added, and do you know that Bishop can always defeat the opponent's "King" and "Queen" because of it's ability to move side way??? 

"HMMM..............." 

Now I see... Every pieces in the chess board DO plays a role and every pieces in the chess can't lose to not having the other pieces because if one of the pieces went missing, the rest of of the pieces will surely lose their roles in the chessboard. We have to fully utilize each and every piece on the chessboard to win the game. No one is to serve someone, because everyone is there for everyone! They have their limitations, yes, true enough, but ones limitations can be covered by others strength and together as comrades, friends, a wining game will we get! 

So, what pieces you are if you were on a chessboard?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take this Person who came INTO my life and open it up! Without this Person, I guess I am still a quite close human being! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be the normal soldier... coz without the soldier, the game is over at the first turn when the queen can straight away take out the enemy's king ;)

Never underestimate the role of a soldier, even a small fry can make a huge difference to the battle hohoho

Anonymous said...

LOL~~~ and yes, soldier do played a very important role~~ i never deny that~~ hahaha

G