Monday, September 22, 2008

Friendship


I remember in one of my youth fellowship, we discussed about this topic, friends. There are a lot of misconceptions bout how friends should be. Yes yes, I totally understand that each person have their own way of defining friends. 

Some people build friendship on the base of materialistic stuff like shopping, handphones, camera, magazine; some people build friendship on interest like games, songs, movies, idols, and etc; some people build friendship on benefits like what can he/she do for me, what will I get from him/her, how can he/she make me famous. 

We need to have some similar interest with our friends, that is of course a "sure" thing, however, if we only build friendship solely on these things that changed easily, I am sure the friendship will somehow get shaky... 

Friendship, at least how I define my friendship is not suppose to focus on ourselves. Friends can drain our energy if we only gives, on the other side of coins, if we constantly take from others and do not gives out the energy, the other friends will get drained too... It is suppose to be both side. 

Someone told me this before "its about thinking right, not feeling right". Did you experience this before, when you spell an English word, it feels, not right when it is the correct spelling! Feeling can changed easily but facts can't. Especially it is an intangible term such as friends. 

Friendship, in fact, in any relationship, it is impossible to not to have the down period. Thoughts that make us doubt friends is really normal. I guess everyone experienced it at least once in their life! Be together, share and have interest in each others life can maintain and help a relationship too... 

Friendship require faith. Believe something that can't be see, can't be proven right or wrong. Of course, some friends do betray us... But that is all together different case

Lets us build our friendship on a strong base so that we can be interdependent on each others. No one should be alone, and no one should really rely on others. We should pat, hugs, push, encourage each others.  

 At least this is my way of friendship

No comments: