Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Competitive

Competitive, today in mc100 class presentation, I suddenly have this "AHA- moment" lol~ I found that in this world, no matter who, we tend to compare ourselves with the others. Even comparing to those who are close to us. We wants others talent, we want to do as well as the others, we want to be the best, we envy of what others can do better than us and normally, we tend to overlook what we can do because we place all our focus to what others can do and what we can't do. I am sure, to a certain extend, we, as human can't really run away from comparing ourselves.

"Gosh, he did it so well! Can I even compete myself with him?"
"Issh, I wish I have that talent too"
"Haha~ I am more superior than you guys!"

I am not saying above examples apply to everyone, just, these are some of the more extreme and obvious examples of comparing ourselves.

Yea, by blogging this post, I admit I do have these competitive mindsets. Though it just remain there awhile, I really hope that I don't have it at all. What I really think is that if I did my best, and thats enough, how others look at me wouldn't be important. But... the question is, can I?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doraemon: See!! Told you not to be too confident in yourself gelar! See what have you done?? I also don't know how to live this life edi!
Tommy: What? No confident good mer? Always alone and when you needed someone, is there anyone for you to hung onto? No right? You a! For 18 years being such a coward not enough ah??
Doraemon: But at least I am satisfied with what I have ma! At least I am happy!!
Tommy: Yea right! Ask yourself whether or not you are really happy la! Always think about others, what about you? You are not human la?? You have your rights too, remember DORAEMON!!
Doraemon: So what? I used to be a "BLACKHOLE" remember?? Before I let you in charge of my life, I am known as blackhole that suck only negative stuff, now, I am doubting myself already... Besides, I am really happy that I can help others okay? You don't understand me la!!!
-end-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you guys can see, often, confident and self esteem contribute to the thought of being competitive, and it slowly leads to others negative feeling and thought. Stay away from being too confident!! LOL

5 comments:

Aaron Foo Chee Mun said...

Treat this competitive feeling as a challenge knowing that you can be just as good or even better :)

You like it? Grab it!

We all know that we got the same amount of neurons in our head :P This only means we can be just as good as anyone on this planet :D

Leonard said...

Hi Gorgan ! Wish you all the best in your Presentation ! ...

Anonymous said...

*ho*

*pat pat*

*understood*

sairenmizuko said...

Hey...I suppose I can understand why you don't like that feeling. But I like what you say about how we can't run from comparing ourselves with other people.

Maybe it's because I have a high competitive streak...but I wanna suggest something. If you're afraid of becoming too confident...and get negative feelings...yet you can't run from it, then I wanna suggest this.

Be competitive with yourself. It's normal to compare with others but hey, we're not them, and they're not us...it's like trying to compare apples and oranges la (lol CTS) But I tihnk if you can compare yourself...like, who you were then and who you are now...then I think the negative feelings will be reduced.

Hope you'll feel better and not be afraid to feel confident to avoid hurting people. You can help people that way too. ^^

Anonymous said...

@aaron
Yea, agree with that, thanks for the comment ^^

@leonard
LOL! hey~~ thanks thanks~~

@-emoticonified- girl
*nod nod* sankyu desu ne~

@Sarah
arigato gozaimasu sensei~~ will get better soon or later~~ ^^

-G-