Saturday, December 10, 2011

Commitment

It's been awhile since my last time here blogging! Somehow, I kind of miss how I used to turn into thinking mode and blog out a very long post on some issues.


Oh well, here I am again after don't know how many years! =P

So, what about commitment that I want to talk about?

It's been a lot of ups and downs in the year of 2011; too much that it actually challenged some of my core belief on certain issues in my life. Honestly, if you think having 1 major changes in a year is hard to cope with, try having 2 major changes in a year at the same period of time! It literally will rock your boat of comfort!

But I thank God for making all these happen to me this year, it somehow bring me a step up the maturity stairs. So, commitments, what about it? Those who knows me will actually knows that I go to church and have commitment of a Sunday School teacher as well as a Christian. I believe I mentioned this sometime ago that Church, is my permanent job that is why my earning job can never be in the weekends as I need to go to church. This, for a longest time, I regard this as my commitment to the church, that whatever happen, unless life or death issue, I will never make decision to skip them.

However, things changed this year, I have 2 more commitment that somehow, affected my commitment in church.

During the struggle, I really wanted to let go of my church commitment as it requires a lot of it that at first when I say YES, I didn't expect the commitment to be so... heavy. But I came to realize, commitment is a decision to make, regardless of how you feel.

Commitment doesn't just stop at saying "yes, I want to commit", that is just the very beginning of your commitment to something. Commitment is something that you need to hold on too, even it means to sacrifice your time in other activities that you want or enjoy doing; commitment is when you do not feel like doing it, you make the decision to continue doing it no matter how you feel; This is because, you said YES, to commit in certain things.

In relationship or even family, commitment plays a very big roles in maintaining it. I mean romantic relationship here. You know, sometimes I cannot get why people can just simply say if in marriage and found out that they don't love each other any more, they can just divorce? Where is the commitment that both party agreed when they sign the marriage certificate, saying that they commit to each others?

I think commitment in family can really show it very well. That no matter you like it or not, you are stick to the family, you are committed to it. So it is your responsibility to have a "happy" family instead of constantly whining and ranting about it.

Commitment, means you will do, or I will do to safe the relationship, to hold on to it even if it is difficult. Of course.... If you have spouse that abuse you, get the heck out of it! But what I mean here is, if we committed to something, we shouldn't just follow what our feeling wants, because really, feelings can be misleading.

We do not commit by following feeling, but by conscious decision, and if feeling is gone, this conscious decision will lead us back, to find back the feeling that is gone. This, is what I call commitment.

Hence, what happen to my church commitment issue? I have decided to commit my time in preparing for children sunday school and my Sunday morning, with a balance with my other commitment in my life.

No comments: