Thursday, September 20, 2007

Famine~

Famine~

Wee~ I survived 30 hours of famine~! Can you? Hehe well, I went to this event organized by world vision, it’s called 30 hours famine. So, what did we do there? Obviously, we fasted! Yes, fasted for 30 hours! No break and no solid food, we survived only by using water! Well, actually is not as tough as you think la. The activities there are fantastic!

Day 1

It started at 12pm. I reached there at 10 something with Yee and Mei~ Then we met up with Manda and Kim Kim there. After collecting our shirts and name tags, we went into the stadium and given a brief by our emcee. William is sooo GOOD! His is good in both English and mandarin! Besides that, his joke is funny too~ unlike lulu, well, even if lulu say the same joke, the effect will be different~ haha

The ice breaker was fun~ Never mind that, it is not the main point here, so I won’t be saying it much on it here hehe. After the boring yet meaningful + encouraging messages from those VIP, we finally started our famine!! Gosh I am already hungry by that time! =P. The 1st activity was to let us understand how important CLEAN WATER is to those poor children… Do you believe that those children can’t even get clean water to drink? They have to survive by drinking dirty water that contains larvae. These larvas, after being drank into their body, will grow into 3 feet long, yes 3 FEET LONG WORM!!! It is called the Guinea Worm. I don’t have the photos with me, but imagine there is this 3 feet long worm in your body. Every day, it moves within your body, and then finally when it finally fully grown, it will find a way out of your SKIN!!! The worst part is you can’t pull it out in one short. You will have to pull it out bits by bits… Ewww…. We are so blessed here in Malaysia…. And yet, people are wasting food and water here without any regret…

By the way, it is about 2 or 3 pm by now, and I don’t think I feel hungry now; activities and the thinking section diverted my attention!

The next activity was to let us understand how they feel in their shelter(Home). Where they live… Do you believe that your room is actually their house??? Yes, it is. They live there like, forever? It’s so sad when you look into their house. They seem okay with it. Really, I really felt like wanted to help them when I saw those slides, but what I can do is so little… Haiz…

By the way, did I mentioned that there were more than 5000 people participated? Give them a loud applauds!!! They deserve that!!! WOOHOO~

Around 730pm, things started to get high! Really HIGH!!! This mood affected me as well!! Yes, I got HIGH! Haha, join them in shouting and waving the hands~ woo~ nice~~ Itz concert time!! Nicholas, Fish and Daniel are there too! Besides that, other artists also attended~ I just love it!! I took some video too~ everything is like a live concert and we totally forgot about the hunger! I slept at 12am, 18 hours more to go!!

Day 2

1st activity we had is a religious thingy. We (Manda, Yee and I) went to the Christian worship section while kim kim and Mei went to catholic section. After that we have a yoga section~ nice~~ (Jas and gang said that I am not a boy because my flexible body~~ blee) After that, another inspiring talk by dr. koh if I am not mistaken… He shown us the slides in China, how poor are them and how helpless they are. Again, I’m really touched by the slides. T.T. Really wanted to help, I really hoped that I can do at least a bit for them, like what I did in the famine.

After the talk, we all got so tired! We slept at the seats in the stadium. Manda, Mei, Yee Kim and I. Guess what? Performance by Suang Fu energized us!! Sudden the energy came and we shouted, applauded with excitement and with a proud feeling! Then the other group which also are not as perfect as us in term of physical, performed. That girl really got us all HIGH again! This time, we really forgot about the hunger!!! Then the touching part comes, a blind man, came on stage and sang! His voice is so GOOD! We put up our handphones and torchlight to make the environment look more like a concert and wave~ It was soooo beautiful but, the great singer can’t see… Again, I felt that I am really BLESSED! I wish I can bless others with the blessing I got… Thank you Lord!

I will skip the other part cause it’s nothing, just another experience for me~ nice~ Then at 6pm, FINALLY OVER!!! We made it! We survive!!! Heh,

No comments: